General Eligibility for Financial Assistance
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and North Carolina resident.
- Applicant must be 18-39 Years Old and not living with a parent
- Applicant must be financially independent from a tax perspective
- Must Be Currently Undergoing Treatment (Chemotherapy, Surgery, Radiation).
- Must have written verification of ongoing treatment from an oncologist or medical doctor.
- Employed, but treatment schedule prevents full-time
- Disabled or on short-term disability
- Part-time while going to school
- Applicants must fully complete and sign the Financial Assistance Application and Consent to Release Information &
Information. The application includes requests for supporting financial information. Applications cannot be submitted for Foundation Advisory Board review until all required documents are received.
- There is no guarantee that a submitted application will result in a grant. Patients may apply more than once, but no more than twice in any given calendar year.
- Approval of the application is required by the Foundation Advisory Board based on review of the applicant’s information and is
at the discretion of the Advisory Board only. The Foundation Advisory Board sets the eligibility criteria and has final
determination in all cases.
- We fully respect the privacy of each applicant. All information gathered through grant applications will be kept confidential.
- An email address or cell phone number is required to communicate with The Meggs Foundation. We will send a notification
within 4-6 weeks of receipt of your application as to approval or denial.
- Upon approval, The Meggs Foundation will work with the applicant to determine which bills will be paid and on what timeline. Billing statements must be submitted via the Foundation’s email (email@example.com) to be eligible for payment.
- The financial assistance program is designed as a one-time use benefit, with any exceptions requiring full Board approval.
- While not necessary to secure a grant, we would greatly appreciate your willingness to share with The Meggs Foundation the impact that our grants have had on your ability to deal with the financial obstacles and stress during your medical treatment